Time, Dark Knight and Other Such Zimmer Craze


Every time I wish to escape, to escape inside a world of my own creation, a world that thrums and lives off music, I go to the one and only, the God of Music, Hans Zimmer. With his music, I can weave the best kind of worlds inside my head where I’m this kickass person, a complete polar opposite of my reality, with flashing blue hair and daggers strapped to my thighs riding on dragons, defeating Evil, being a hero and then being Evil itself. It’s my world. I can be anyone I want for however long I want with Zimmer’s music creating diabolical scenarios inside my head. (I have an inexplicable love for villains and all broken things.)

There’s this enigmatic part to Zimmer’s pieces, his instrumental pieces where no one’s screaming for help, where no one’s calling for dead loved ones, where no one’s rapping away with their complete heart and soul, where no one’s recalling about life and memories and where no one’s verbalizing about anything and yet his pieces bring me to tears. His music speaks louder than words. It is pure magic. It is pure euphoria. It is pure music.

Zimmer’s music is utterly and devastatingly beautiful. Why devastating, you ask? Because his music is poignant and glorious and it always evokes one’s deeper emotions. Hans Zimmer is well known for creating excellent instrumentals for Inception, Interstellar, The Dark Knight and other such well known movies. His music will make your heart dance and leap, it will make your heart sing and yearn for that moment you’ve been waiting for and it will leave you with goose bumps and chills.
Hans Zimmer’s pieces will take you to a place beyond your wildest imaginations. It will take you to the future, the past or it will take to amazing places, places you’ve never seen or heard of in the present. It will take you out of this world.

Some of my personal favourites are Time, Tick-Tock, Dream is Collapsing, Cornfield Chasing, Dark Knight and Goodbye, my son. With Zimmer’s extraordinary tear-inducing music, I’ve visited places I never thought existed.

I don’t think any other artist or any other instrumental piece has made me weave worlds within my head, has made me to completely lose myself to the music. For that I’m immensely grateful to you, Mr. Zimmer, if not for you, I don’t think I would have truly appreciated music.

If you haven’t listened to his music yet, it is high time that you do. Now.



6 comments:

  1. wow!.Nice one hershey!.I have never heard of Mr Zimmer, but i am sure gonna listen to his extraordinary music now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You should definitely listen to him!

      - Harshitha

      Delete
  2. HANS ZIMMER IS MY IDOL.

    Everything he makes is magic. I went through a phase where I was so obsessed with his music that I listened to them every day. Those were great days of epicness... *dreamy smile* And the fact that he incorporates such deep bass notes into all his scores only makes his music even more amazing. Christopher Nolan is my favorite director of all time, too, so I love that the two of them collaborate together so much!

    And honestly, am I the only one pissed that Zimmer didn't win an Oscar for Best Soundtrack? I felt like Interstellar's was out of this world and so, so original. Not saying that Alexandre Desplat didn't deserve it (I like him a lot as a composer, too), but I don't know. Maybe I'm just biased!

    Yup, yup, Time, Cornfield Chase, Dream is Collapsing -- and not to mention Coward and Day One, Rise, At Wit's End, I Don't Think Now is the Best Time... I could go on listing down all my favorite scores of his and it would take hours. So glad I found another fellow Zimmer fan!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANOTHER ZIMMER FAN! YASSSS!

      I know, his works are just epic! Don't worry, you're definitely not the only one who's pissed that Zimmer didn't win an Oscar! He really deserves one!

      At Wit's End was amazing too! God, there are so many to list! I'm glad I found another Zimmer fan too. We need more of them!

      - Harshitha :)

      Delete
  3. I am a huge fan of Hans Zimmer as well.His work is beautiful,and there's a ethereal quality about his music,that perfectly fits the movies he composes for.
    My personal Zimmer soundtrack is Dark Knight.That film is pure perfection,and Zimmer played a huge part in making it into one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He's just so awesome!

      - Harshitha :)

      Delete